Tuesday 1 December 2009

NTD 100 for happiness

A few weeks ago I was at the Pinxi township, famous for the lantern festival, and the idea of releasing a sky lantern was very enticing.

The first step in releasing sky lanterns is to pick your colour. Due to a lack of other events in my life, the colour red was most appropriate which is used for celebrations...and in my case (as corny as this) would be for weddings. Other colours you can pick from are white for health (which I can do without for now), orange for wealth (which I could do with but wasn't convinced that the lantern could actually bring any) ... and any colour that you can think of actually.

The next step is to make a wish. I didn't really want to make a wish but it seemed like I wasn't making any sense to the people around me coz - 'why would u buy a sky lantern if you didn't want to make a wish??'. So I made a wish for happiness. (Now, 'happiness' is a very broad term and I would've been more specific but I didn't want everyone reading my real wish. :P )

So here I am with my 'wish lantern' (which has some very ugly art on it). It probably would've been more fun if I were doing this at night where you could see the glow in the lantern...but too bad that I had to get back home.



And there it goes. All for a 100 NT.

No comments:

Post a Comment